Breaking News

Navigation

Tuesday 28 July 2015

LUSH | Summer Haul Part One | Soaps and Massage Bars

A few weeks back, it came to that time of the quarter when I take my trip to LUSH and end up, as usual, buying half the shop! I got some good old trusted classics, some new favourites for a second time, and some new exciting things to try. I love Lush products, and haven't actually found a product that I don't like yet - so please don't be confused as to why I only go to a place that I love so much four or five times a year - it's mainly because I; a) know if I go in there I'm going to spend a fortune more than I have on all the exciting things and b) because I find the stuff so pretty and gorgeous smelling that I feel bad using them and don't want to not have them any more - it's a dilemma! So, as with every Lush trip I take, I ended up getting way more than I needed and spending more than I should have done - although, snaps for me for keeping it under £20 - believe me, when it comes to Lush, that's an achievement for me!



So, this is the mass of stuff I got - too much for one person to use in the time it will be until I know I will go to Lush next, especially now there is a large Lush shop just a three minute walk from my flat! I got a variety of products from ones I have used before and loved so much, and some new and exciting products I can't wait to try from bath bombs to soaps to face masks!


"Denotes quotation from Lush.com"

Soaps & Massage Bars

Karma Soap [left]
"An exotic-smelling soap to transport you out of the everyday. If you've woken feeling sluggish, the blend of pitchouli and citruses will soon have you at one with the world. They add a distinctively exotic and relaxing element to the soap, while the refreshing blend of lavandin, pine, sweet orange and lemongrass oils clears the mind and sets you up for the day"

I really love the smell of this soap - it has an incredibly sweet smell, and leaves your skin feeling so soft. I used to use liquid hand soaps quite a lot for use in the bathroom sink, but I have, in the past few months changed to using Lush soap bars, and this is definitely my favourite, with all natural flavourings and colours, it's such a beautiful deep red colour and creates so many bubbles. It's a really relaxing soap and I love that it moisturises your skin as well, as dry skin, especially on my hands is something I suffer from in the summer particularly. It's also incredibly cheap for what you get out of it, as just a small amount gives you loads of moisturising bubbles, at only £4.50 for 100g, I've had mine for a two weeks now, and I swear it hasn't got any smaller.

Wiccy Magic Muscles Massage Bar [top right]
"Wiccy Magic Muscles contains a warming blend of cinnamon and peppermint essential oils that are said to stimulate the circulation to warm and loosen up stiff, achy muscles. These essential oils are blended with Fair Trade organic cocoa butter and shea butter as well as organic jojoba oil and extra virgin coconut oil to sink into the skin. Use the smooth side all over the body, and then turn it over and use the knobbly aduki beans on any particularly stubborn knots"

This is the second Wiccy Magic Muscles bar I have gotten, which is saying something about how much I loved and used the last one, as they last for ages! - the last one lasting me around five months of quite frequent use - maybe three times a week. Doing tenpin bowling and having quite weak muscles in my back resulting in quite frequent lower back pains, I have been using this massage bar whenever I have been bowling, or have back pain, or just simply need to relax as it is amazing pain relief as well as really relaxing after a hard or busy day (you can probably guess that I used it most after I'd been working on an essay or revising for an exam for university). I love the smell of this muscle bar, with the peppermint scent taking over, especially when combined with water, with just a hint of a cinnamon after smell which is really relaxing. It leaves your skin feeling really soft as well, and really does heat up when you apply it to your skin. Beans seemed a weird thing to use as a massager to me initially, but the smooth surface of the beans means it doesn't feel like they are putting too much pressure on your skin, but they really do massage deep into your problem muscles. I don't think I will ever grow out of this product. The scent is quite over poweringly peppermint, which a few of my friends have said smells somewhat like cough medicine, but the fact that it smells like medicine only makes me feel better for using it for back pain and relaxation personally.
Percup Massage Bar [bottom right]
"Perk up your skin with this caffeine-fuelled massage bar. Whole coffee beans will help to boost circulation, whilst coconut and jojoba oils hydrate and nourish the skin. The rich coffee aroma is sure to stimulate your senses and leave you bright, alert and smelling amazing"

Much like the Wiccy Magic Massage Bar this bar gives great skin moisturisation and smells incredibly, It doesn't have such a strong smell as the Wiccy bar, but still smells amazing - possibly more so. The coffee beans also feel really good for massaging and leave you feeling revitalised. I have problems, as I mentioned before with my lower back, and it's important for me to have good circulation to help when my muscle becomes tight. I found that the coffee beans really do boost your circulation, which I have to admit, I didn't initially believe they could, but my giving my back a good scrub when it's hurting relieves some of the pain the next day for a few hours. It's not as good for you as medicated creams etc, but certainly helps with the relaxation element! 

I don't think I will ever grow bored or old of Lush products, as when it comes to bathtime, I am still a big kid at heart, wanting to feel like a mature woman by taking good care of my skin and making sure it's healthy and hydrated and smelling gorgeous, but also wanting the fun of having colour changing water and glitter as part of my routine! Lush is one of my all time favourite shops, and I would love to know in the comments below what products from Lush you love and will never grow bored of!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just went to lush recently and spent a bit more than intended! I think lush is just one of those stores where you can never say you have too much lush products! haha. I've never used their massage bars though. I may have to try the Wiccy Magic one you got. Sounds amazing!

xo
www.ma-luxe.com

Unknown said...

It's lovely. I love anything that smells like peppermint - although it does have a weird sensation rubbing beans into achy areas! :p

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.