Breaking News

Navigation

Monday 21 September 2015

22 Dresses To Get Ready For Autumn

Autumn, while I love the colour change in the leaves and the crisp mornings, does make me a little sad that I have to put away a lot of my summery dresses and replace my wardrobe with leggings, jeans and cardigans! So, I went on the hunt for some fabulous dresses that are still in keeping with the Summer, but are beautiful for the Autumn months as well. It's time to revamp my wardrobe.



1. Scalloped Sleeve Sequin Skater Dress (Simply Be, £100)
Favourite Feature // This dress has a stunning deep turquoise colour and I absolutely love the contrast between the dark green and the bronze-gold embellishments. 
Perfect For // A cocktail party or event.
Style Score // 7/10

2. KoKo Floral Layer Dress (Simply Be, £36)
Favourite Feature // I love the unique style in the split fabric in this dress, as well as the contrast of the red and yellows to the black. It's such a nice length too and would look fabulous with leggings, tights or on its own.
Perfect For // A casual event.
Style Score // 8/10

3. Mela Loves London Aztec Print Dress (Next, £25)
Favourite Feature // This dress is made for Autumn with fabulous oranges, creams and browns. I love the synched in waist with the elastic feature at it makes it super comfortable to wear. I like the patterning in the vertical stripes, but I wish that there were a few stripes that were just block colour.
Perfect For // Day to day wear.
Style Score // 8/10

4. Panel Lace Floral Dress (Madeline, £99.95)
Favourite Feature // The panel feature in this dress, as well as being a stunning lace design is really slimming (something which I certainly praise for my body type). I also love the off white colour of the lace as it's very elegant.
Perfect For // A formal event, dinner, or even work.
Style Score // 10/10

5. Voodoo Vixen Anchor Print Belted Dress (Simply Be, £65)
Favourite Feature // This is a style that I really wish I could pull off as I absolutely love the vintage look. I love the deep blue colour of this dress as well as it reminds me of Summer.
Perfect For // Every day wear or a festival.
Style Score // 8/10

6. Max Studio Black Floral Print Shift Dress (T.K.Maxx, £24.99)
Favourite Feature // With some fun accessories, this dress is perfect for a more sophisticated, toned down look. I love the embellishments on the bottom of the dress.
Perfect For // Work wear. 
Style Score // 7/10

7. Floral Print Long Sleeved Shift Dress (Lipsy, £50)
Favourite Feature // Long sleeves are perfect for the Autumn, but I love that the patterning is still vibrant and Summery, but with a darker Autumn feel. It's a really floaty and girly dress.
Perfect For // Every day wear.
Style Score // 6/10

8. Blue Floral Print Swing Dress (River Island, £40)
Favourite Feature // I really like the vibrant, abstract patterns on the fabric of this dress. It's a really flattering shape too.
Perfect For // Casual events.
Style Score // 7/10

9. Lace Front Dress (TopShop, £48)
Favourite Feature // I love the laced up detailing on this dress. It's such a simple dress, but can be made so many different styles by adding different types of accessories and shoes.
Perfect For // Every day wear.
Style Score // 9/10

10. Print HiLo Hem Shift Dress (Dorothy Perkins, £25)
Favourite Feature // This is such a beautiful print of dress. I love HiLo Hem tops and dresses as well as they are such a flattering shape.
Perfect For // A smart casual event.
Style Score // 10/10

11. Peacock Style Print Shirt Dress (AX Paris, £25)
Favourite Feature // The contrast of the green and the purple in this dress is really pretty. I love the long sleeved shirt design as it's super comfy and is a nice twist on a casual dress.
Perfect For // Every day wear.
Style Score // 8/10

12. Kendall Cage Sleeve Detail Dress (Boohoo, £15)
Favourite Feature // I love the unique sleeve style of this dress. It's fabulous for people like me who like showing a little skin on a night out, but also don't particularly like their arms. It's also a really flattering shape and colour.
Perfect For // Any time.
Style Score // 10/10

13. ChiChi Annie Cap Sleeve Embroidered Skater Dress (Simply Be, £67)
Favourite Feature // I love the bright orange in this dress as it screams Autumn! It's a really nice neckline and the light panel in the middle is slimming.
Perfect For // Prom or formal events.
Style Score // 8/10

14. Plus Bernie Paisley Border Print Shift Dress (Boohoo, £18)
Favourite Feature // This is a really casual dress, and I really like the contrast in colours, and the ethnic patterning to the dress. I love the large print design which is very slimming.
Perfect For // Every day wear.
Style Score // 8/10

15. 2-in-1 A-Line Jacquard Leopard Print Dress (River Island, £60)
Favourite Feature // This is a unique spin on a dress, and I love the contrast of the casual navy blue long sleeved top and the sequin encrusted skirt. The colours are really nice for Autumn too and it's a slimming design.
Perfect For // Smart casual events.
Style Score // 10/10

16. Soma Blue Lace Dress (T.K.Maxx, £16.99)
Favourite Feature // I really love the baby blue colour in this dress with the minimal lace design. It's perfect for people, like me, who don't like the tops of their arms to create a flattering silhouette. 
Perfect For // Formal events.
Style Score // 9/10

17. Mela Loves London Sleeveless Skater Dress (Next, £24)
Favourite Feature // I really love the floral Summery print in this dress, with the contrast of the deep blue - who says Summer is over?
Perfect For // Every day wear or casual events. The high neck top is also really lovely for flattering the chest area.
Style Score // 9/10

18. Black Tile Jacquard Skater Dress (New Look, £29.99)
Favourite Feature // This is such a casual dress, and the brown-gold is really nice for Autumn. I like the short sleeves which cover the top arm problem areas.
Perfect For // Every day wear.
Style Score // 7/10

19. Bilba Beaded Tabard Dress (House of Fraser, £115)
Favourite Feature // This is such a comfy looking dress, and I love the colour. I really like the embellishments on the sleeves which give it a unique twist. The synched in and slightly over-hang waist is really slimming too.
Perfect For // A smart casual event.
Style Score // 10/10

20. Max Studio Striped Navy Ponte Shift Dress (T.K.Maxx, £24.99)
Favourite Feature // Most people have said to me that horizontal stripes aren't very flattering for plus size people, but I have to disagree. Whilst I agree it doesn't do wonders for my stomach area, it does make my boobs look smaller. I love the blue colours in this dress too.
Perfect For // Every day wear.
Style Score // 9/10

21. Hell Bunny Floral Mini Dress (Simply Be, £35)
Favourite Feature // This is such a cute dress, and really Summery, but the pinks make it a really good dress going into Autumn too. I love the bow tie neck too which is really interesting.
Perfect For // Casual events.
Style Score // 7/10

22. Joe Browns Floral Dres (Marisota, £17)
Favourite Feature // This is a really flattering shape, especially for the plus size amongst us. The colours are a really interesting combination, and I love the large floral print. The detailing around the neck is also really pretty and the buttons bring something different to the dress.
Perfect For // Every day wear or a casual event.
Style Score // 7/10

I hope you enjoyed my picks for 22 ways to rock dresses this Autumn (whilst in some cases still clinging on to Summer). Let me know in the comments below where your favourite place is to shop for Autumn fashion and which dress you like best from those above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.