Breaking News

Navigation

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Barry M Spring Palettes


I used to love Barry M makeup, but over the winter I have started to use it less and less. I don't know why, but Barry M screams "Summer!" to me no matter what it is from them I'm using. So, now that the weather is getting that little bit warmer (not that we know what true warm weather is here in the UK), I took my opportunity to pop into Boots and take a look at the Barry M make up for this season. I ended up picking up three palettes, something which I have never brought from Barry M before...


The three palettes I got were the Brow Kit, the Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit and the Smokin' Hot Shadow & Blush Palette. I love the packaging or each of these first off as it's so clear what you're getting inside, and they look so chic and are a great quality. The only draw back is I'm a little worried about putting them loose in my makeup bag if I'm going to take it anywhere because they don't have a proper closing mechanism, it's just a somewhat feeble magnetic system. I'm not fussed sticking an elastic band around them when I travel though as they are such beautiful palettes!

Brow Kit | Shape & Define


Eyebrows is something I have struggled with all my life. Mine are the most impossible eyebrows, as no matter how much I thread, tweeze or shape them, they are bushy and untamed a day later. The thing that drew me to this palette is the fact that there is a lighter brown wax (left) to keep your lashes in place once you have shaped them (which is a life saver for me). You also get the darker brown powder and highlighting powder, along with a double ended brush and a set of tweezers. With a mirror in the lid as well, what more could you possibly want! This palette is really easy to use and the colours work really well together. I was also really impressed with the wax. I was a little worried at first because I've not used setting wax before, but it was really good and kept my eyebrow shape in place all day.

Contour Kit | Flawless Chisel Cheeks


Contour Kits are another thing I haven't tried as a whole palette before, I tend to use separate highlighters and bronzers to build up a contour. Having the tools all in one palette is definitely easier, and the step by step guide makes this palette perfect for first time users or those relatively new to using contour kits. The darkest colour (right) is a little dark for my skin tone, so this is definitely something I will be saving for the summer to use when I have more of a tan! The colours in this aren't too pigmented, though, which is nice for a more subtle look and to build up for more of a vibrant look for the evening, which makes this a brilliant all around palette. Contour Kits are definitely something I will be adding to my every day makeup routine, rather than my make shift contouring routine.

Shadow & Blush | Smokin' Hot Palette


This palette is something a little different to what I'm used to, as most of the smokey eye looks I go for use browns and greys rather than blacks. However, I couldn't resist the lighter shades in this palette, especially the pink-peach blush, which is such a great colour for the summer. I've tested out the colours, using a variety of all the colours available, and for building up a smokey eye, this palette has everything you need. I really like the shadows because they aren't overly pigmented or glittery, which I was initially worried about, but just give the right amount of glimmer. 

What palettes and kits do you swear by? Let me know in the comments below what kits are on your Hot List this summer!





3 comments:

a said...

*huff All you British peeps talking about Barry M make me so jealous! Where's it at in the States?!

http://conkscanister.blogspot.com

BanquetBeauty said...

I've been wanting the contour kit for ages! Never really took the plunge to buy it though, is it any good?

Unknown said...

I've found it really good as beginner kit but I would suggest getting something better if you are more experienced. The shades are quite pigmented so it's easy to use too much but it's really easy to blend :)

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.