Breaking News

Navigation

Friday 17 April 2015

How Quaintly Blighty-onian | The British Tag

I LOVE tags, and this one seemed like the perfect thing to do in preparation for the British Summer Time. I got the inspiration (and steal approval) from Becky Bea Blog (@beckybeablog) who has a beautiful blog that you can check out by clicking her name above!


1 | How many cups of tea a day do you have, and with how many sugars?
So far today I have had five cups of tea, which is pretty average for me. I always have sweetener rather than sugar in my tea - not for a health thing really, but more that it's just a habit that I've always done. I do love a good cup of tea, even in hot weather! Weirdly it cools me down a bit - if anyone has any reason why this is please let me know, because it blows my mind! #boom

2 | What is your favourite part of the roast dinner?
My mouth is salivating just at the thought of a good Sunday Roast - which I hardly have now I don't live at home because most Sundays if my boyfriend is working, it feels like a lot of effort to make for one person, which saddens me. My favourite part has to be roast potatoes though, fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside. My Mum makes amazing roast potatoes by cooking them in duck fat and sprinkling them with semolina which makes them go extra crispy and tasty.

3 | What is your favourite dunking biscuit?
I love, love, love biscuits, but if I had to choose one biscuit to have for the rest of my life it would have to be chocolate bourbans! Creamy chocolately goodness - yum yum yum!

4 | What is your favourite quintessentially British past-time?
I love baking, especially cupcakes, and I especially love decorating them - something which I haven't had the time to do much lately, unfortunately. Although, now we are coming up to summer, this will probably progress into making cupcakes for picnics in the park near my house - I've already got my eye on a beautiful picnic hamper in BHS.

5 | What is your favourite British word?
I really like the word 'bonce' - I'm not actually sure if it's a real word, but my Mum uses it all the time, and a lot of people where I'm from use it as a term for head. I also really like the word 'boffin' - a term for smart people - and I kind of wish I was one!

6 | What is your favourite cockney rhyming slang?
The only cockney rhyming slang I really know is 'Apples and Pears', meaning 'stairs'. Unfortunately, we don't all live in London and are best friends with the Hugh Grant and the Queen like in my dreams!

7 | What is your favourite British sweet?
Ironically, the thing I'm eating whilst writing this! I love Rosy Apples - proper old school British sweets that taste amazing. I'm not overly a sweet fan, but I buy these every week.


8 | What would your pub be called?
I've not really every thought about it, but I feel like I should treat it like they do when they make you work out your stripper name by taking the name of your first pet as your first name and combining it with your surname, taken from the name of the road you grew up on - just incase you were curious, my stripper name would be Cassie Westcroft. In that sense, I feel that my road name would be a good place to start for my pub name - The Westcrofts sounds like a nice place!

9 | Who is your No.1 British person?
As Becky mentioned in her blog, we wouldn't be British if we didn't say the Queen - as yes she is one top woman! But, I would have to say my life wouldn't be complete without Hugh Laurie. 

10 | What is your favourite shop/restaurant/café?
Whenever I want something simple and secure that doesn't require a lot of thinking, I always think of the Hotel Chocolat café. I love it in there, the smell is always incredible and they make really nice cakes and hot chocolates.

11 | What is the first British song that pops into your head?
"Stop right now, thank you very much. I need somebody with a human tou-u-uch" - it has to be Spice Girls all the way #90skid

12 | Finally. Marmite - love it or hate it?
I used to really love marmite and me and my Dad would have it every Saturday morning on toast, but I haven't eaten it in years - probably not in the last decade! I have no idea if I still like it, but I like to think I would.

Thanks once again to Becky for letting me steal this tag! I hope you enjoyed my answers, and learned something new about British if you're not from here!  Now go and make a cup of tea and watch Absolutely Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.