Breaking News

Navigation

Thursday 19 March 2015

Is There Such A Thing As Too Much Information | My TMI Tag

I really love doing "Tag" blogs and vlogs. I'm making a video along side this blog for my YouTube channel which you can find in the link at the top (or on the left) of this page. For anyone reading my blog or watching my channel, I think the most important thing - apart from me entertaining you and making your day a little brighter (or at least attempting to) - is you getting to know me, the real me. That's why I have decided to do the 50 questions that will give you all the information or "TMI: Too Much Information" about me. 

I want my blog and my channel to be a place where people can go and escape reality for a bit, and get advice and feel like they are talking to a friend - that's also why I am so encouraging for anyone to contact me in the comments or via Twitter if they need any advice.

On to the questions...

1 | What are you wearing?
I am currently wearing a patterned top from Dorothy Perkins, black stretch leggings from Top Shop, a 'silver' tassel necklace from New Look and brown knit-lace boots from House of Fraser.

2 | Ever been in love?
I say I love you to my boyfriend, but I think, even at the age of 24, I'm not old enough to know what true love is as far as a relationship goes.

3 | Ever had a terrible breakup?
The worst breakup I've ever had was when I broke up with someone I had been with for four years, which ended with us having a massive argument in the car park of a leisure centre and him scraping his keys along with entire length of my car boot. I also had a funny breakup when I was nineteen when the guy I was seeing got his Mum to travel almost one hundred miles to bring my stuff out to me from his flat because he didn't want to.

4 | How tall are you?
I am five foot six inches tall.

5 | How much do you weigh?
I am a proud voluptuous girl, and I weight just over fifteen stone - I have lost just over a stone since January this year and hopefully will continue to be more healthy in my lifestyle.

6 | Do you have any tattoos?
I have two tattoos. I have one on my wrist which is an outline of three birds flying, and one on my ankle which is a black filled in image of an iris flower (which is also my Nan's name).

7 | Do you have any piercings?
The only thing I have pierced is my ears.

8 | What is your OTP: "One True Pairing"?
In fictional terms, I will always have Harry Potter close to my heart - but not shipping Harry and Ginny - I'm a definite Hermione and Ron ship lover. In real life, I think that YouTubers Jim Chapman and Tanya Burr are so adorable together and you can tell by the way they are in their collaboration videos they are truly meant to be together.

9 | What is your favourite show?
At the moment I'm obsessed with Pretty Little Liars, and I watch the episodes each week as soon as they are available on Netflix!

10 | What are your favourite brands?
This is quite a broad question, but I would have to say: Makeup - MaxFactor or Mac, Fashion - New Look or Boohoo, Accessories - River Island or New Look, Homeware - Baytree Interiors or Dunelm ...any other types of brands you would like to know about let me know in the comments below and I will try and add them to this list!

11 | What is something you miss?
Being at school - it was such a simple time. I didn't think it at the time and I couldn't wait to get out, but now I'm looking for a career and finishing off my degree, I would give anything to be doing five days a week at school again.

12 | What is your favourite song?
At the moment I'm listening to two songs - "Breezeblocks" by Alt-J and "Take Me To Church" by Hozier. Both these songs are incredible lyrically.

13 | How old are you?
I'm currently twenty-four at the time of writing this, and will be twenty-five (a quarter of a century old!) in August 2015.

14 | What is your Zodiac sign?
I am a feisty lion - I'm a Leo.

15 | What quality do you look for in a partner?
The most important thing I have found in my current relationship, and what makes me happiest is being able to feel completely comfortable around him - like if I want to eat ice cream in bed with just my knickers on I feel I can - not that I've ever done that.

16 | What is your favourite quote?
My favourite quote has been one that Louise Watson (Sprinkle of Glitter) posted on her blog in her first Motivational Monday post

[[Image from: www.sprinkleofglitter.blogspot.com]]

17 | Who is your favourite actor?
I love Emma Stone - she has a brilliant personality that's not fake and the types of roles she plays are entertaining and I feel I can relate to most.

18 | What is your favourite colour?
I love turquoise, really deep blue-greens. Although I am partial to a pastel pink also.

19 | Do you prefer loud music or soft?
I like a variety of music. I think it's a very situational thing with me - when I'm driving I prefer loud music, and when I'm chilling out when I'm in bed or when I'm making dinner I prefer soft.

20 | Where do you go when you're sad?
My favourite thing to do when I'm feeling a bit down is to curl up in bed and listen to music or watch YouTube. I also find that if I'm out and about, getting a Starbucks coffee and sitting in a quiet place (preferably a park bench) really calms me down just watching the world go by for a few moments.

21 | How long does it take you to shower?
I have a number of different showering routines. If I'm getting up early, I will tend to wash my hair the night before, so it generally takes me maximum ten minutes to quickly shave and wash. If I'm washing my hair it's generally fifteen minutes, and once a week I use a hair mask and do my Veet hair removal routine, which takes about twenty to twenty-five minutes in all (though this is generally only on days when I have nothing to do until later on in the afternoon or if I get home early).

22 | How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
It can take me between forty-five minutes and an hour to get ready, dependent on which shower routine I'm following. Now my hair is short it dries much quicker and I generally take about fifteen minutes over my makeup. I don't usually eat breakfast (which is bad I know!) so that cuts the time down - although I do usually have to have a massive cup of tea to kick start the day.

23 | Have you ever been in a physical fight?
I've not, but I have seen two of my friends have a drunken physical (thought incredibly short lived) fight on holiday a couple of years ago in Greece.

24 | What is a turn on?
I find blue eyes a massive turn on - and dimples!

25 | What is a turn off?
Cockiness - guys who think that if they are horrible you will like them more, or guys who think they are better than everyone else because they are decent looking. Everyone is vain at some points, but you don't have to be nasty or not include people because you don't fancy them (talking from the heart!)

26 | What is the reason you joined YouTube?
I've been watching a variety of YouTube videos for years - mainly TheDiamondMinecart, Hat Film, The Yogscast, grav3yardgirl (Bunny Meyer), Zoella (Zoe Sugg), Tanya Burr, and Sprinkle of Glitter (Louise Watson) to name a few and have always wanted to start a channel of my own spreading the things I love about the internet. It took me a long time to pluck up the courage to not delete videos before they got to the processing stage. I find filming and blogging and vlogging and editing incredibly fun and exciting, although 99% of my friends have no idea I do it - I'll get the confidence to tell them one day!

27 | What are your fears?
I'm quite afraid - not of heights - but heights which I feel I will fall from - I really don't like buildings with glass portions of floor. I'm also not very good in lifts that shake or make noises. But, my biggest fear is completely irrational, and stems from when I was a child - and that is zombies. I have never been able to fully watch any zombie movie, television program or advert - even the Simpsons specials with zombies on or video games with scenes of zombies scare me and I start having panic attacks and hyperventilating. It's incredibly embarrassing.

28 | What was the last thing that made you cry?
The last time I cried was when my Nan went in to hospital after having three seizures a few weeks ago. It was an incredibly weird moment, as I went to see her before leaving to head back to Leeds, and I could tell there was something not right before she had the seizures the following day.

29 | What was the last time you said you loved someone?
I last said 'I love you' to my Mum on Mother's Day.

30 | What is the meaning behind your YouTube name?
As I started my YouTube account recently, it has to be linked to my gmail account, and is therefore just my name - but that says it all really - my channel is me!

31 | What was the last book you read?
The last book I finished was Mark Haddon's "Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time" which is a fantastic book and definitely something you should read if you haven't already.

32 | What book are you currently reading?
I am now reading another book called "Fred and Edie" which I picked up from our local Oxfam bookstore. I can't remember the author, but it's quite an old book. I've only read the first two chapters, but I'm hooked.

33 | What was the last show you watched?
I am watching Pretty Little Liars, Season 5, Episode 24, as I type!

34 | Who was the last person you spoke to?
I last spoke to Pete before he went to work.

35 | What is the relationship between you and the last person you texted?
I last texted Ally, who is one of my oldest and best friends in the entire world.

36 | What is your favourite food?
Chocolate bourbons rank very high on the list, although I am partial to a stir fry, or Thai food.

37 | What is one place you want to visit?
I would love to go back to Thailand, and am planning on going to Iceland. And I am also super excited as I'm travelling to L.A. next March with some fantastic fellow bloggers for two weeks.

38 | What is the last place you went?
I haven't been on holiday since 2013 when I went to Malia for a week - I'm in desperate need of a holiday!

39 | Do you have a crush?
On my boyfriend (just in case he reads this) - I've always had a thing for Jude Law - please don't ask me what it is - I think it's his voice!

40 | When was the last time you kissed someone?
I kissed my gerbil Felix on the head when I was feeding him and Patch.

41 | When was the last time you were insulted?
I got sworn at through the window of a car which was wanting to over take me on the motorway because I wasn't going the hundred miles-per-hour he wanted me to do while I was over taking a lorry.

42 | What is your favourite flavour of sweet?
I really like the dark purple coloured wine gums, and green skittles.

43 | What instruments do you play?
I did up to Grade 6 clarinet at school, and did a little bit of piano and guitar as well, although I wouldn't say I can play any of them now after so long!

44 | What is your favourite piece of jewellery?
I have four pieces of jewellery that I never take off - my main Pandora bracelet with all my charms on, a twine Pandora bracelet with my initials on, a diamond and emerald white gold ring that I got for my 18th birthday, and a Pandora platinum ring with diamonds in that I got for my 21st birthday.

45 | What was the last sport you played?
I last did tenpin bowling in Sheffield - yes, it's a sport.

46 | What was the last song you sang?
I did a beautiful, very loud, rendition of Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" whilst I was driving.

47 | What is you favourite chat up line?
The cheesy ones are always the best and most entertaining, even if they aren't successful. The best one I heard most recently was "I'm a Love Pirate and I want your booty, aghr!" - most amazing thing I've ever heard.

48 | Have you ever used it?
I have never used a chat up line in my life - and I don't think I ever will - unless someone dared me to.

49 | What was the last time you hung out with someone?
Yesterday afternoon I watched Fort Boyard with one of my friends and discussed the good old days.

50 | Who should answer these questions next?
I don't like making things a chain, unless they are for charity or a good cause. Whoever wants to do this can!

I hope you liked learning a bit more about me - especially the more obscure things! Don't forget to check out my YouTube video on my TMI Tag, which you can find the link for below!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm doing this. Tomorrow ahah x

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.