Breaking News

Navigation

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Paint Yourself Spring | 9 Spring Nail Design Ideas

First off, I just want to make clear - I'm not an expert at nail art. Neither am I very competent at it - so please don't expect works of art! I don't own any fancy equipment, just a dotting tool and I used an old lip brush. These are nail designs for anyone and everyone - not just experienced nail artists!

But, I think that's what makes this good - it can be done by anyone and everyone. Nothing is perfect and I think that things always look that little bit less fake when they are a little rough around the edges. I just love painting my nails and drawing designs on them, even if they turn into a disaster. So - don't judge - just think of it as a tool for employing your own creative ideas and skills and use this post of ideas as more of a base to a whole world of designs and possibilities. Kind of like 'Nail Art for Dummies', only the dummy is me!


| Easter Eggs |

For this look, I highlighted my accent nail with the Rimmel 60 Seconds Coralicious colour, to stand out from the Rimmel 60 Seconds Green. I used the Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Neon Pink for dots on the green nails, and then did zig-zag lines as a classic easter egg look alternating the Rimmel Lasting Finish in Black, by using a think brush and the Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Purple.


| Spring Animals |

I used Rimmel Lasting Finish Red for the base for all my nails. I then used Rimmel Lasting Finish in Black and a thin brush to create the lady-bird design on my accent nail. On my index finger nail, I used a dotting tool and w7's Nail Polish in White. I then look my thin brush and used Barry M's Nail Polish in Deep Green to draw on the leaves of the strawberry.


| Pink Princess |

For this simple design, I used Kelly Brook Nail Polish in Sparkly Baby Pink, before putting a top coat of Barry M's Nail Polish in Hot Pink Glitter for my accent nail. Using my thin brush, I used Kelly Brook's Golden nail polish to accent all my other nails, by brushing on a thin band at the tips.


| Summer Party |

I started by painting all my nails fully in the Rimmel Lasting Finish in Bright Yellow. Once that was dry, I used the MUA Glitter Nail Effects in Pixie on my accent nail, and then used my thin brush to manoeuvre the diamond shapes to a position I was happy with. I then used the Sally Hansen Nail Art Pens in Pink and Aqua to draw on the striped effects.


| Simple And Classy |

For this simple design, I used BeautyUK Nail Polish in Pale Grey for all my nails, except my accent nail, which I painted with Kelly Brook's Pearlescent Yellow.


| You Make Me Happy When Skies Are Grey |

I started by painting my accent nail in Barry M's Nail Polish in Baby Blue. Whilst that was drying, I painted the remainder of my nails with BeautyUK Nail Polish in Peach, which is one of my favourites for the Spring. Once my accent nail was completely dry, I used my thin brush to paint on a cloud shape with w7 Nail Polish in White.


| Spring Sailing |

I used Kelly Brook's Matte Nail Polish in Navy to paint all my nails, except my accent nail which I painted in w7 Nail Polish in White. I then took a thin brush and painted a diagonal stripe down each of the navy nails, and then used the navy polish to draw on an anchor shape on my accent nail.


| Pastel Polka Dots |

This design is super easy. I painted all my nails white with the w7 Nail Polish in White, before using Sally Hansen Nail Art Pens in Pink, Purple and Aqua to accent each of the tips of my nails a different colour and do random dots on my accent nail.


| Scrumptious Watermelon |

For this design I started by painting a white strip down the centre of my accent nail in w7 Nail Polish in White. I then painted my index and little finger nails in Rimmel Lasting Finish in Red and my middle finger nail in Barry M's Nail Polish in Deep Green. Once they were all dry, I used the red and green on either sides of the white strip, leaving a small thin strip of white visible. I used a thin brush to make sure I had a straight line. I then took my dotting tool and used Rimmel Lasting Finish in Black to do the dots of the watermelon.

Ok, so they aren't the most skilled and polished (pun intended) nail art pieces ever, but I'm proud of them - and they were super simple to do. Hopefully you will be able to do them better than my poor attempts! Leave me a photo in the comments to let me know how you got on or if there is any nail art you'll be rocking this spring? ...I think it's best that I stick to nail transfers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.