Breaking News

Navigation

Saturday 14 March 2015

This or That [Beauty & Makeup] Tag | Q&A

Thanks to 'Eye Girl :)' from Blogger for this Tag...I hope you guys enjoy it and get to learn a bit more about me from a fashion and beauty point of view!

(( Makeup ))
1. Blush or Bronzer: 
I have to admit, I'm more of a bronzer kind of person - I get blotchy marks on my cheeks, so I tend to like to tone them down with bronzer, rather than use a blusher, especially in the summer!
2. Lip Gloss or Lipstick:
I'm definitely more inclined to lipstick. I tend to have bad experiences with lip gloss as I tend to find them quite sticky, and my hair always gets stuck to my mouth!
3. Eye Liner or Mascara:
I usually wear both, but I am happy to go out of the house without any eye liner on - mascara is an essential for me because I have quite short lashes.
4. Foundation or Concealer:
I use foundation a lot more. I'm using the MaxFactor Miracle Illusion foundation at the moment and I get such amazing coverage with it, I rarely use concealer unless I'm going somewhere that means I'll be out for a long time or somewhere important. If I'm just going to university or the shops or shopping I'll generally only use foundation.
5. Neutral or Colour Eye Shadow:
99% of the time I go for a much more natural look, though that does range from pinks to browns to golds. I sometimes wear blue or smokey colour schemes on my eyes, but only for nights out.
6. Pressed or Loose Eye Shadow:
I definitely prefer pressed eye shadow. I tend to be a bit clumsy and messy anyway, so loose eye shadows aren't the best for me! I also find pressed eye shadows last me so much longer and tend to be easier to apply with more precision as I can control what I get on my brushes a lot easier!
7. Brushes or Sponges:
I used to be a big fan or sponges, but in the past few years I have been much more inclined to use brushes for most of my makeup.

(( Nails ))
1. Long or Short: 
I would love to be able to grow my nails longer than they are, but I have quite weak nails, so they tend to break. Also, doing the sport I do it's very difficult to keep up any kind of long nails and short are so much easier to handle with a busy lifestyle.
2. Acrylic or Natural:
My nails feel so much better when they are natural, although I do tend to get the gel tips put on my nails from time to time when they are particularly weak to encourage them to grow, or for special occasions.
3. Brights or Darks:
I'm loving the pastel nails at the moment, but I much prefer bright colours for my nail varnishes most of the time.
4. Patterns or Clean:
Because I tend to use quite stand out colours for my nails, I don't get patterns or anything extra on them - it would be a bit much to take in!

(( Body ))
1. Perfume or Body Spray: 
I tend to use both from time to time - although I use my perfume almost every day. I recently got my second bottle of the Taylor Swift 'Wonderstruck' perfume which I absolutely L.O.V.E!
2. Lotion or Body Butter:
I prefer body butter, I find it moisturises my skin, especially the dryer skin I have at the tops of my arms where I used to suffer from mild eczema.
3. Body Wash or Soap:
I use body wash all the time - the only time I use soap is my massage bars or exfoliating soaps. I find most soaps dry out my skin and leave my skin feeling sticky.
4. Lush or BodyShop:
Lush will always be my go to place. Nothing can beat a good bath bomb, or the amazing fresh face masks you can get from lush. The layout of the store, the smell, the staff, the selection - everything about Lush grips me!

(( Fashion ))
1. Jeans or Sweat Pants: 
I have never worn sweat pants out of bed I don't think! Definitely jeans.
2. Long Sleeve or Short Sleeve:
I really don't like the tops of my arms - so where possible I always go for longer sleeved things, or wear something over the top of a short sleeved top.
3. Dresses or Skirts:
I'm definitely a dress-lover! Skirts I love too, but I find it so much easier to accessorise a dress!
4. Stripes or Plaid:
I am absolutely loving plaid at the moment! I tend to avoid clothes with stripes on as it doesn't suit my figure.
5. Scarves or Hats:
I own about twenty scarves - I'm scarf mad! Hats I do have a few of, but I tend to be quite picky about hats - although I am loving the wide brimmed hats at the moment - they are so flattering for all shapes and sizes!
6. Studs or Dangly Earrings:
I don't wear earring too often, which is bad because my piercings keep starting to close up and I have to push my earrings through each time I want to wear them. I tend to go more for large studs, ones which overlap my lobes.
7. Heels or Flats:
I'm usually a mess in heels - despite owning a number of pairs! I usually wear flats, and am particularly loving the high leg boots at the moment, although I do have two pairs of chunky heeled boots (one black and grey from New Look, and one brown with multicoloured string from House of Fraser) which I am loving and are really comfortable to wear for a long period of time!
8. Necklaces or Bracelets:
I love a good statement necklace, although I never take off my two Pandora bracelets! I couldn't choose between these two!
9. Jacket or Hoodie:
Jackets definitely - although you can't beat a good hoodie around the house on a lazy Sunday!
10. High Street or High End:
High Street - I have the few high end pieces that I love and wear on special occasions, but nobody has the money to fund wearing Gucci tank tops to the supermarket! There are so many amazing fashion pieces in high street stores at the moment for great prices, it would be wrong to skip over them for the higher end fashion - unless you want that unique staple dress or outfit of course! And shoes are always worth spending that little bit extra on.

(( Hair ))
1. Curly or Straight: 
My hair tends to have a natural slight wave to it, which I prefer. I always thing when I curl my hair it makes my face look wider!
2. Bun or Ponytail:
My hair is at that irritating length that when I put it in a ponytail it tickles the back of my neck! Buns are so much easier to handle.
3. Bobby Pins or Butterfly Clips:
Definitely bobby pins. I find them so much easier to use! I just wish I didn't keep losing them all the time, I must but thousands each year from Primark.
4.Hair Spray or Gel:
I've never used a gel in my hair - I'm too afraid to if I'm honest with you. I find hair spray does the job just fine, and I'm using the Elnett extreme hold hairspray at the moment, the Cheryl Cole special edition, which is so smooth and holds for amazing lengths of time! It's especially good for someone like me that does their hair and then wants to change it five minutes later, I can just brush it away and start again, no hassle.
5. Long or Short:
If my hair could stay as healthy as it feels now I have it short, I would have it long. I really miss my long hair (I got 7 inches cut off just before Christmas!)
6. Light or Dark:
For myself, and speaking from experience, dark hair suits me so much better - although I do miss my ombre dye.
7. Side Swept Bangs or Full Bangs:
Once again, from experience, I prefer my side sweep. Full bangs suited me as well, but I think they make people look younger - I think it depends what stage you are personally at with your life.
8. Up or Down:
Definitely down. My hair always feels unnatural when I have it up! Weird, I know!


Thank you guys for taking the time to read my Q.&.A today...I hope you learned a little more about me beauty and fashion wise! If you have anything you want me to answer, don't hesitate to send me a message on the contact form on my Home Page, and let me know if we have anything in common!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.