Breaking News

Navigation

Saturday 28 March 2015

#SS15 Heels | Designer Divas vs High Street Hotties

As much as I would love to, I can't afford some of the amazing designer heels out there being an unemployed student! But - don't dismay - there are a number of high street alternatives to the shoes I am coveting from the Spring Summer Collection 2015.

[All brand images are taken from the representative online stores]

Shoes in the SS15 collection are so beautiful, combining colour schemes from both ends of the spectrum - we're seeing both bright, almost jungle colours like greens, oranges and yellows and pastel colours like baby pinks, purples and tans. There really is something for everyone this spring in the fashion world...I have tried to select my favourites whilst also giving a broad example of the trends for this season and haven't just picked the shoes which closest match each other, but ones that I would happily wear myself...


Fringes are all in this season, and I love both these shoes. What I love most is that they are so similar, and both so readily available. I really like that they are black in colour, as you can never go wrong with a pair of black shoes - they will go with so much both as part of a day time and an evening outfit.


What better combination of colours in the spring than pink, grey and white? I love the playfulness of these shoes, especially with the patterns continuing on to the heel as well. Polka dots are also a favourite of mine as they remind me of comic book or pop art work.


Blues and greens are such wonderful colours for the warmer weather, as they scream the beach and the sea to me. I love the colour of the Miu Miu's, but the cross design on the straps of the New Look wedges is a favourite of mine, and so comfortable.


I am in love with the wedge heels on these two pairs of shoes - they bring something new to a simple wedge, whilst not over powering it. I think these would be perfect paired with a white or cream dress in the warmer months, and brilliant for a bit more of a sophisticated evening outfit for all those spring time events.


These are both such a staple design of shoe for everyone to own, and will go with so many things, especially the Valentino shoes with their nude colour tones. I do, however, really like the pastel colour of the Asos shoes as well.


These shoes will go so well with the denim that's trending this season, especially the darker or coloured denim. The strap around the ankle also gives fantastic support.


I love the combinations of colours in these shoes. The Lou Boutin shoes are also available in navy and orange, which would be more similar to the Asos shoes, however, I really wanted to show case the yellow as well as I love this paired with the blue. These shoes remind me of going on a cruise, which is perfect for the warm weather. The addition of the darker blue and black colours also give them more of a night time or evening wear look.


I love white shoes in the spring and summer - they look really nice with the pastel and white colours around at the moment, and the strap detailing on both these pairs of shoes is really interesting, especially the Manolo Blahnik shoes which give a nice twist on the generic gladiator sandals from all those summers ago.


Orange, green and brown is such a rustic colour combination, which I think goes very well with the colour schemes of this spring. I really like that the accent is on the heels rather than the straps of the shoes.

I hope you enjoyed my picks of this seasons shoes in the Designer vs High Street battle...Do you know of any more battle worthy shoes? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.