Breaking News

Navigation

Sunday 24 May 2015

Confessions of a Blog-a-holic | Tag

It has literally been the busiest day of my life today, but I didn't want to not do a post - so I thought a tag would be a good thing to do. A while back I found a tag called 'Confessions of a Blogger' on Chloe's Way - an incredible blog that I've loved for some time now, especially her philanthropy and fashion posts! So, here we go...




When did you start your blog?
I started blogging back in February this year (2015 if you're reading this from the future!)... Valentine's Day to be exact. Sat there on my lonesome while my boyfriend worked a shift that didn't finish until 8pm - you can see how this is a depression situation on Valentine's Day, so I just started to investigate Twitter and Wix and eventually Blogger and thought why not start it today! I wasn't planning on starting until I had finished university in July, but I'm glad I started when I did as I can't get enough of it.

Have you had any past online presence before (Other blog, YouTube)?
No, nothing before this blog. I started YouTube at the same time as starting my blog, but I've been neglecting it recently ever since my laptop has been inactive. I have a Mac so I find it so tedious to go back to a Windows for editing my videos as I've got my little routine I like to do. I thought about starting a blog a while back and created one on Blogger, but didn't get past naming it. 

Why did you start a blog?
I had read blogs and watched bloggers on YouTube for a number of years before finally plunging in and starting my own blog. I watched a lot of Louise (Sprinkle of Glitter) and read a lot of Georgina Grogan's posts to name just a small few. I was always a bit of a self-conscious person, especially being plus size and reading blogs from confident plus size women gave me a massive confidence boost, and I wanted to show people I deserved to be loved for who I was and hopefully be the Sprinkle of Glitter to someone else's Rachael!


When did you become serious about starting a blog?
I've been serious about my blog from day one on a level where I love writing it and want to keep it a place of happiness and not get into anything negative - and the same goes for my Twitter and other social media accounts. But I haven't got to the stage where my blog is anything more than a hobby, but I would love for it to become something I could do professionally in the future, if the fates decide it should be so...


What was your first post?
It probably seems incredibly generic, but I did a tag, a getting to know me tag. I also published my Leibster Award on my first day on this blog. I had been blogging for a week using Wix before I found blogger to be so much better so transferred all my posts over. Luckily, one of my best friends, Kirsty, is a blogger too and has been blogging a couple of months longer than me, so she was there for support and nominated me for the Leibster Award which put me into the blogging world with a bang. I can't thank her enough.


What has been your biggest challenge about blogging?
Trying to stay professional within my blog and social media. I, like a lot of people, do enjoy a good gossip and I try and keep it out of my blog at all times! Apart from that the only challenge I have come across in my short blogger-life has been getting the courage to just put myself out there and meet other bloggers and go to events. I'm quite a shy person until I get to know someone.

Where do you see your blog in one year?
Famous...no...in real life, I hope that it will be as friendly as it is now, but hopefully involving some more brands. Possibly starting my own events or have produced some content that's got me noticed my a magazine. I'd love to start a charity section on my blog and get into philanthropy - so hopefully in a year that will have taken off big time!

What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?
When someone comments on a post saying that it has brightened their day, or when someone comments saying that I have helped them in some way, even if it's minute. It's why I started blogging, so it's nice to see that people can see I'm staying true to my roots as much as I can.

What is the most discouraging thing that happens to you?
When my page views drop - I know, I know, it's materialistic and not what blogging is about, but everyone looks at their page views. And recently, mine have been dropping from about 250 a day to under the 100 mark! It's not a major thing, and not something I'm worried about, but apart from that I've not had anything discourage me.


What's your lasting inspiration or motivation?
Bloggers who are confident and aren't afraid to put themselves on a page and throw it out to the world - I pray I will be like that one day and have the confidence in the way I look, and within myself to just put myself out there.

I hope you have enjoyed learning a bit more about me and the things behind my blog etc. I've loved this tag, and would love to see you do it to! If you do, pop me a link in the comments below so I can have a read, or tag me on twitter using @_twistedbeauty1.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great tag! Also love your answer I love how positive you are.

Unknown said...

Thank you :) I try and stay positive online! My negative side gets poured into cups of tea and chocolate Bourbon biscuits haha! Xx

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.