Breaking News

Navigation

Thursday 21 May 2015

Summertime Homeware Favourites | Urban Outfitters

Urban Outfitters has always been a favourite place of mine to find unique decorative and entertainment pieces on the high street for really reasonable prices. Whilst I've never been able to fit my rather plump bum into their stunning clothing, I like to surround myself with their products in a different way. As some of you may know, I'm moving house in just over a months time, and I have gone a bit mad looking for items that I would love to have in my new home - one that I will actually be allowed to decorate! So, come and take a look at some of the things on my Urban Outfitters homeware wish list...

[all images are courtesy and copyright of www.urbanoutfitters.com]

In the sale...


There are so many amazing sale items in Urban Outfitters at the moment, and you may be able to see a slight owl related theme going on. I am obsessed with owl furnishing at the moment, and have been for about the last two years, so I found this adorable owl cushion and these money banks, which I was quite sad to see they had either sold out of, or have never made the 'See No Evil' owl money bank! Whilst I already have two similar owl shapes cushion, a girl can never have too many owls right? I also fell in love with this ceramic flask, with the word Poison on - it seems a bit more unique than the equally beautiful 'Vodka' and 'Whiskey' flasks, and I love the bump-detailed texture of it. I also really love the hanging basket, especially in this turquoise colour, which I could totally see in a bathroom or office space to give it some life back.

I've also gone a bit photo frame mad, so I couldn't resist this unique photo frame, which looks like a polaroid in some ways, which I am absolutely in love with at the moment. Being my final few weeks in Leeds, possibly, I'm trying to capture as many polaroid moments as possible, and this seems like a really cute, small way to feature and display them - though I would need to buy more than a few! Finally, from the sale items, I chose these beautiful orchid fairy lights. You don't get too many, but draped over a mirror or as a feature corner, these are really stunning and give a homely feel to any room.

Not in the sale...


There are also an array of stunning non-sale and new items that I found, weirdly enough, all going along a pastel, peach and green toned feel - completely undeliberate on my part of choosing! The first thing I was drawn to was the stunning lamp shades, as I have never seen anything like this before and think they would make a beautiful central piece in a living room or a bedroom as a massive talking point. I love the combination of colours and the vintage feel. I also love the vintage feel of the Old Kentucky Mug in copper, a colour that I am in love with at the moment. Despite being somewhat pricey for a mug, it's really heavy and such good quality, and would make a fab display piece, or as a small vase in a kitchen. My copper grasping fingers were also drawn to the Urban Grow Terrarium, which I think are great ideas to have around the household, especially if you are a lover of plants but don't have the time to garden, or even don't have a garden like me at the moment. I love plants, but post of the ones I have are cacti or orchids as they are easy indoor plants to look after and can be really unique - and what better way to display them as well as giving them everything they need than in a variety of Terrarium shapes! I was also drawn to the bronzed copper effect of this majestic stag jewellery stand, which would look beautiful as a centre piece on any dresser and as a fabulous gift idea.

I was drawn to the pink colour running through the remainder of my item choices, firstly with the geometric patterning of the pink and grey in the cushion, which I think is really lovely. I've definitely got grey, pink and orange as my main living room colour options at the moment. I thought that these two candles went really well with this colour theme too, and they smell absolutely incredible, with not only unique painted designs, but smells as well including scents of earl grey tea and cucumber that you don't usually see in candles. Finally I feel in love with this owl lamp, available in a few different colours it's the cutest thing I think I have ever seen and I will definitely be getting a few of these for my bedroom and living room in my new house!

I hope you like my selections for my favourite current Urban Outfitters homeware pieces. Let me know in the comments below what you're favourite colour schemes and trends are at the moment!

1 comment:

David thomson said...

Thanks for the nice work I have gone through the article and it is really impressing and stunning work.

Urban Home

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.