Breaking News

Navigation

Tuesday 12 May 2015

The BAFTA's 2015 in Dresses

I love award ceremonies and events - sometimes to discover new film directors or scores or television programs that I've not heard of before, or to get some inspiration for what to watch - but mainly for the fashion!

The BAFTA's, whilst not as extravagant as the Oscar's or as dramatically flamboyant as the charity balls, the BAFTA's is something that the British people are very proud of, celebrating their fantastic array of actors and actresses & films and television programs, and the fashion certainly doesn't disappoint.
BAFTA Belles...
Millie Mackintosh
Millie looked stunning in this beautiful white dress. I absolutely love the lace detailing and the subtle glam features in the sequins on the skirt.

Lydia Bright
Lydia never fails to be a fashion inspiration, not falling into the category of a lot of TOWIE stars of having to be the thinnest, with the largest boobs! I love her vintage style, and this dress fits in perfectly with that, especially with the pale peach colour complimenting her hair colour as well.
Maisie Williams
Maisie has managed to keep her youthful side with this shorter dress, unlike a lot of the red carpet floor length dresses we usually see. I am especially loving the detailing and the lace in the pastel purple colour giving it a really summery feel.
Tamsin Greig
Showing that despite age, you can still look like an absolute stunner. Tamsin looks incredibly sophisticated in this dress, which in itself is pretty simple, but the addition of the bright orange accessories (of which is particularly loving the coat) gives it a youthful look.
Reese Witherspoon
Reese always looks stunning, no matter whether she is as skinny as a rake in Chicago or getting our her granny knickers for Bridget Jones. This deep purple dress shows off her curves is all the right places and is a fabulous colour for her tanned skin.
Lupita Nyong'o
I absolutely love this dress on Lupita. The green colour compliments her darker skin tone perfectly, and I especially love the golden metallic accessories.
Lea Seydoux
Lea wore what is one of my all time favourite dresses of the evening, bringing out the sun in this beautiful yellow flowing dress. I love the shoulder design and the cut out sides giving a sexy appeal to this elegant dress.
Hannah Bagshawe & Eddie Radmayne
I don't think I will ever get enough of Eddie, (unless Benedict Cumberbatch is in the room!) especially in this velvet-look deep blue tuxedo, attending the awards with the stunning Hannah in my favourite dress of the BAFTA's. I love the elegant grey and gold combination, and especially the collar design going down into the shoulders for a glam golden finish.

BAFTA Busts...
Anna Friel
I don't dislike this dress until you get to the length, which I find incredibly odd, and then when Anna turns round to reveal this absolutely confusing circular panel with frills on - I can't even describe what I think this is all about!
Dianna Agron
Dianna always looks beautiful, and her makeup and hair were stunning for the awards, however her dress left a lot to be desires. Whilst I love the top half of the dress, I can't help but think the bottom half was incomplete and held together with pegs and pins. I'm loving the shoes though!
Jennifer Metcalfe
As with her character in Hollyoaks, Jennifer continued on in the theme of baring all. While I love the one sleeve design, and the patterning, I can't keep my eyes off the bottom half of this dress. One, for the incredibly short right hand side, and two for the unnecessary train at the back, made worse by the need to be stuck at the front of the dress. I'm surprised she didn't fall over.
Michelle Keegan
I love the colour of this dress of Michelle, but it's a fairly boring dress - and is in desperate need of an iron!
Donna Air
LED's in clothing are as tacky now as they were in the 80s - unless you are a dance crew and it's part of your routine...Donna, whilst a beautiful colour on her...looks not only drowned but a little lost in this LED dress.
Hofit Golan
Hofit has a stunning figure, there's no doubt about that. But this blatant attempt to show it all a little but too much in this dress combined with the stars on her skirt make this look like a bad combination between a badly dressed Barbie doll and a child's bedroom ceiling.

BAFTA Bombs...
Romola Garai
I really can't decide whether I love this dress or not. While it fits what we perceive to be Romola's personality to a tee, and I absolutely love the colour combination, shoes and skirt, I can't help but feel that if this shirt was short sleeved it would look so much better!
I hope you enjoyed by picks for the best and worst BAFTA outfits from the 2015 awards. Let me know in the comments below if there are any on either list you think shouldn't be there, or why you think they should. Also, let me know which dress was your favourite of the event!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.