Breaking News

Navigation

Friday 15 May 2015

Guest Post by JustEllie | Makeup For Pale People...What?

Today's post is a guest post by the fabulous Ellie Hawkins of JustEllie. Be sure to check out her blog and follower her on Twitter!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

As many of us out there in the big wide world are extremely pale (I know I am) we find it hard finding  makeup for milky white skin impossible to actually get "ivory" makeup without the orange tinge. For Christmas last year, I received NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia. After the hype of course it was on my Christmas List! I must say, yes it's pale and a good colour match but for £1 it's expensive for what it is. I find that with certain primers and powders that throughout the day, the foundation actually separates which isn't flattering at all and makes me so self conscious to wear it as I feel like I need to constantly pop to the toilet to top up. After realising that it's the foundation reacting with my other face products, I went on the hunt...
Before getting NARS Sheer Glow, I was using a No7 Stay Perfect Foundation in Calico which I found too dark, but after practicing as well as using my new pale makeup which is from Tesco, it's a match made in heaven! I was on the hunt to find a new powder and concealer a few days before a party and I came across Barbara Daly which is perfect for pale skin!
I found the powder so silky and soft as well as being pale (practically white) as well as the concealer being so silky as well as creamy which makes a change compared to Collection 2000 Concealer, which was actually too pale for me (yes I am that white haha!). The staying power of both of these products are great especially for their price tag! I seriously advise you all take a look at the Barbara Daly range the next time you're in Tesco, as not only do I swear by them, but so does my Mum!
I hope this is helpful for all you pale people out there, let me know your makeup you've found for fair skin!
Ellie x
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Ellie's Links |

2 comments:

Nina Kobi said...

I'm your new follower on Twitter, Rachael.Great blog. xx
http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

Unknown said...

Thanks Nina, I'll be sure to check your blog out! xx

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.