Breaking News

Navigation

Saturday 16 May 2015

Vibrant Beach Babe | Polyvore Creation

Being a plus-size woman, I have often, in the past found dressing for the beach and buying swimwear a major issue. From about the age of fourteen, I stopped wearing bikinis because I hated that I felt whenever I was wearing bikini bottoms I had to pull them up high to make my stomach look flatter. Needless to say, this ended in a lot of changing room situations with me deciding whether it would be acceptable and un-embarrassing to wear bikini bottoms that, whilst they covered my main problem area, looked like something off of Bay Watch, pulled right up my bum - the answer to this is no, it's not acceptable and yes, it's incredibly embarrassing looking (for me anyway!). But, in recent trends, high waisted bottoms and tops which cover more of your upper stomach, kind of like a cross between a tankini and a bikini, have become my new best friends. I love the way I can feel like I am wearing a bikini, which I used to love doing, and can also get the coverage from my clothing that I, personally, feel very comfortable in.
Check out my look of a plus-size beachwear idea!

Vibrant Beach Babe


Boohoo swimsuit swimwear
£22 - boohoo.com


Aéropostale flip flop shoes
£4.46 - aeropostale.com


Zip top tote
£60 - vineyardvines.com


West Elm beach umbrella
£25 - westelm.com


BHCosmetics eyeshadow
£6.05 - bhcosmetics.com


Fresh black lipstick
£14 - neimanmarcus.com


Formaldehyde free nail polish
£19 - nordstrom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.