Breaking News

Navigation

Thursday 14 May 2015

Guest Post by Sophie Wood | Perfectly Defined Brows

Today's post is a guest post by the fabulous Sophie Wood of Slogger. Be sure to check out her blog and follower her on Twitter!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! I'm really excited to be writing my first guest post! My name is Sophie and I'm 21, from England. I am very passionate about beauty and will be attending Beauty College in September to become a therapist! I thought I would start with an introduction...so let's get down to the actual post.

My post is going to be about how to give yourself defined brows at home. They are similar to the HD Brows but don't have the same fancy name. The keen beauty people will notice I didn't do threading but that is near impossible to do on yourself...I'm very sorry in advance for the close up photos of my face...

So I thought I would do a before shot.

So, there is my face. Yep. There I am. No, I am not in the nude, I am wearing a boob tube dress thingy!


First of all you need to tiny your brows. I use Refectocil in the shade natural brown because it is the best colour to use. With natural brown you are able to use as little or as much as you want. If you want dark brows leave it on for longer and vice versa. So, you have a little bowl and squeeze about 2cm of the Refectocil in. You then need to add 5 drops of the 3% Oxidant. If you want to use a larger amount you would need 4cm of Refectocil to every 10 drops of the 3% Oxidant. You would only use that much if you are doing eyelashes AND eyebrows.



So once you add the drops it should look like this. Mix it up for about 1 minute to get a stodgy consistency. It is then ready to apply. Use a small brush to apply as it is better at controlling the tint.


If you want to only get a lighter tint then only lightly brush across the hair; do not get it on the skin if possible. I wanted a darker brow as that is popular right now so you need to push harder to get the tint onto the skin - that way you will ensure a darker shade. (Not the prettiest photo..). I left mine on for 45 seconds to ensure a dark colour but not jet black as that would not suit my skin tone. When done, simply wipe off with Aloe Vera gel.


So, hopefully in this photo you can see that my brow, untidy as it is, is not a lot darker. If you are not happy with the shade, then simply add some more tint for a shorter time. But make sure you do the same on the other brow!


After doing the same to the next brow it is time for the painful part, the waxing. I use a small wax pot and "just wax" in the sensitive skin make. I do not have sensitive skin but it is always best to have a sensitive skin tub just in case. So, using a thin waxing stick pull down the hair in the SAME direction as the hair growth. Apply a medium thickness of wax to ensure you get the hair off - too thick wax and you can end up with bruising - not attractive.


Pop the wax strip on and push a lot of pressure on the strip. Too little pressure and you won't get any hair off - and you'll bruise. Pull the wax strip off in the OPPOSITE direction of hair growth. It just makes sense right?


As you can see, I have done the wax in two parts. I could have done it all in one but if there was a little bit of wax on the larger chunks of hair that would come right off and I would have a gap in my brow - not attractive. Doing the waxing in two parts allows you to control the hair you remove. Continue with the top part of the brow and the middle too. Repeat on the other side.

Next up you may need to remove some small hairs that the wax won't take up so use a pair of tweezers to remove these. Now, after this step you would move onto the threading but as I have already explained that would be impossible on yourself, but if you would like a demo let me know (you can follow the link to my blog and contact me here). So, next we move onto trim. Yes that's right, we're going to trip the brows.


Using a brush, comb your hair upwards and you'll see that some chunks are higher than others. That is a no go. Using stork scissors, trim those hairs that are sticking up further than others. This is a tricky part but you need to really concentrate on this.


Your brows have been pulled, pushed, waxed, trimmed, plucked and tinted. You're finished! You should take this moment to step back from the mirror and look at both brows together. Whilst you do this please remember that brows are sisters, not twins. One may be higher than the other but that is due to the way your face is - no face is perfectly symmetrical.

So, there you go. I really hope you enjoyed my guest post and I look forward to looking at your comments below

xoxo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Sophie's Links |

2 comments:

Home waxing service in Dubai said...

Oh, wow! So perfect, wish I could have it also this weekend. Will book a Home waxing service and threading here in Dubai to achieve that look!

Carla said...

Nice work Sophie. Loved it but i am scared to try at home. So i booked home beauty service this weekend.

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.