Breaking News

Navigation

Friday 1 May 2015

Crabtree & Evelyn Blogger Event

I attended my first ever blogging event at Crabtree & Evelyn in Nottingham, hosted by the lovely Gemma of Gemms Beauty. Crabtree & Evelyn is a beautiful, unique shop which sells fantastic beauty products as well as delicious teas and treats - a combination that I certainly can't deny is possibly the best combination I have tried!



As this was the first blogger event I have ever attended, I was incredibly nervous to meet so many bloggers who are so much more established and experienced than myself, so I was certainly glad that Kirsty Ralph was there with me. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was a first time event for a number of other bloggers there, which made an incredible atmosphere of people all learning new things about each other and being able to learn tips and tricks from other, more experienced bloggers.


I have heard of Crabtree & Evelyn before, as it is a brand that my Nan was a massive fan of, and she used to use their hand creams all the time, so I was excited to see some of the new products that they had and be able to take a trip down memory lane, remembering days testing my Nan's hand creams and pretending to be a grown up when I was little.


The Crabtree & Evelyn store in Nottingham is absolutely beautiful - we were greeted by pink balloons and bunting in the window display and a bright store with a incredible summer time feel to it, with greens, pinks and yellows everywhere. We were welcomed with champagne and a delicious elderflower sparkling drink and a wonderful display of sandwiches and shortbread biscuits, giving a surprisingly British summertime feel to this American company.


Throughout the evening, we were offered products to try, of which I think I smelled every perfume and fragrance in the store - some smells that I have smelt before and some interesting combinations of scents that created new and exciting smells. One that especially grabbed my attention was an absinthe scent, which smelled like a mild absinth and chocolate - surprisingly something which was a lot better smelling than I expected. I also tested out one of their hand therapy creams in a lavender scent, a mixture of an exfoliant and a shea butter cream, which left my hands feeling incredibly smooth. It's something that is so simple to use, as you just rub it into your dry hands before washing it off, which is great for my somewhat lazy routine and also great for my hands, which are generally dry and coarse due to my tenpin bowling - of course I had to buy a bottle! I also made the most of the complimentary hand massage that was offered, choosing the pear and pink mandarin hand cream, which smelled amazing - and I couldn't resist not buying a soap in the same fragrance.


There were so many beautiful, fantastic bloggers at the event, and I loved every second of being able to pick their brains about the things they have done to improve their blogs and get their names out there. It was also exciting meeting new bloggers, some as new as myself, who had found ways of improving their communications with their readers already. I have experienced, mainly through social media like Twitter the community spirit in the blogging community, but at the Crabtree & Evelyn event it became apparent that it's more than just an online community, it's a gathering of like minded people who all share a passion for writing and sharing the things they love, be in beauty, fashion, family life or music, and I can't wait until the next event!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a lovely post... Thank you so much for coming,
It was such a great night

Gemma x

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.